Alabama's Public Liberal Arts University

Disability Support Services

Accessible (Disability) Parking


All faculty, staff and students must register their vehicle (purchase an individual university hangtag/sticker). Individuals who have a state disability parking placard or license tag should obtain the disability (blue) permit (rather than the faculty, commuter or resident permit) from the DSS office. The office will need a copy of the receipt/registration for the state placard/license plate to confirm the individual's need for the campus blue tag. Disability parking permits are the same cost as all other permits.

Temporary disability parking, due to injury or illness, is also provided through DSS. Individuals should bring a letter from their medical professional indicating diagnosis/reason for the temporary permit and the expected duration of the need. Individuals requesting temporary permits for extended periods of time should obtain the state temporary permit as well.