Use of Computer Labs for Classes
This policy sets the guidelines to be used when scheduling the Library
Computer Lab for use by University faculty and staff.
- The Technology Services Library Computer Lab may not be scheduled for recurring sessions. It can be scheduled only
for one-time or short-term events.
- To reserve space in lab, call the Technology Services Office Manager at
- Students in the scheduled class are expected to be
respectful of other students who may be using the lab during their class
- Technology Services will attempt to schedule as many classes as
possible without impinging
on the availability of the lab for all students.
- Special software needing to be installed for your class must be provided
to Technology Services at least two weeks prior to the scheduled event.
All installation disks and documentation, as well as licenses, must be
- Technology Services will not install any software for which the correct
number of licenses is not available.
- A lab assistant will be on duty during the scheduled class
- The print management system must be used in order for
students to print. Print cards may be purchased from the vending
machine on the main floor of Carmichael Library.
about the print management system is available here.
Updated May 2010