Computer Lab Guidelines
These guidelines are also posted in the Library Computer
- All University of Montevallo policies are in effect in the computer
lab at all times.
- The computer lab is for the use of students currently registered at the University of
Montevallo. Valid ForUM credentials are required in order to use the lab
- Eating, drinking, and use of tobacco products are prohibited in the labs.
- Printers should not be used to make multiple copies of a single document. Additional
copies should be made at University copiers.
- Do not modify configurations, change system settings or preferences, or
install any software on any computer in
- Files and documents should be saved on a personal flash drive or saved
to your SkyDrive. Files left on
computer hard disks will be purged.
- The lab assistant is available to answer basic questions on the
operation of lab equipment and the usage of lab software. Your patience and
courtesy are appreciated.
- Report any suspected problems with equipment or software to the lab assistant. Do not
attempt to repair or disassemble any lab equipment.
- If all of the workstations in the lab are in use, a waiting
list will be in effect. Check with the lab assistant on duty to have your name added. Positions
on the waiting list are not transferable. When a waiting list is in effect, a workstation
that is left unattended for more than 5 minutes will be made available for the next user
on the list.
- Due to limited computer resources, the playing of games and use of network chat programs
for other than University of Montevallo activities are prohibited.
- If any of the activities in the computer lab is threatening or otherwise disruptive to
other users, the lab assistant on duty has the authority to ask those responsible to leave
or to call the campus police.
- Students and faculty are not allowed to attach any devices (with the
exception of USB flash drives) to the computers, printers,
or the University of Montevallo network without express permission from the Network
Manager in Technology Services.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the suspension of computing
privileges at the University of Montevallo.