Alabama's Public Liberal Arts University

Undergraduate Admissions

Transfer Students from Alabama Community Colleges

    We appreciate your interest in transferring to the University of Montevallo.  This page includes a series of links to assist you with the transfer process from an Alabama Community College.  Students who seek to transfer to UM after attending another accredited college or university must satisfy all requirements for transfer admission, as follows:

  • A minimum of a cumulative C average on all college-level study attempted must have been attained.  This is a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better based on a 4.0 scale.  Quality points from study previously attempted at Montevallo are not included in a transfer application review.
  • A transfer applicant must be a student in good standing.  Neither probation nor suspension can be in effect at the previous or current college or university attended.
  • Transcripts of all previous study attempted must be submitted and evaluated before an application review can be conducted.   It is the responsibility of the student to arrange for the transcripts to be mailed to the University.  All academic records must be received at least one week (seven days) prior to the intended date of enrollment.
  • Students who have completed fewer than 24 semester hours (or 36 quarter hours) of college-level study must also submit a secondary-school transcript and either an ACT or SAT I score report, and must satisfy all requirements for freshman admission.
  • A maximum of 64 semester hours (or 96 quarter hours) may be transferred for credit from either a community or junior college.

    To learn more about transferring to the University of Montevallo, visit the different links to the left and read more about our majors offered and the requirements necessary to fulfill the degree.